About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

It has been raining cats and dogs today! And it is Monday. I admit that the Karen Carpenter's voice has been running through my mind all day...BUT this rainy day and Monday is not getting us down!

To be honest, I thought today was going to be rather difficult as it is Chuck's first official day back to work since Z arrived, neither of us got much sleep as CG was having coughing fits throughout the night, and while Z had a good night there are night time feedings that keep me awake a bit. That should teach me to be pessimistic! While I've not been a poster child for productivity I have managed to tidy a bit, do some laundry (and put it away) run a few errands and meet the needs of the kids.

It is truly a rotten day outside though. CG and I were trying to come up with something fun during one of Z's naps today and she wanted to play duck, duck, goose even though I reminded her it isn't so much fun with only two people. We decided the best way to take advantage of the gloom would be to pull out her Ariel tent, pop some popcorn, get some water and pick out some favorite books to read by the light of the lantern. She loved it and it was quite a bit of fun. I personally am still impressed I managed to climb into that tiny tent. The humorous part was when we were done (we took a little lantern lit hike around the house too), she wanted to continue to play and made Jackson climb in the tent. He looked quite reluctant to be in there with her but she was so happy. I tried to snap a pic of that but it was too dark w/o a flash. Too funny!

Well, I hear Z waking so off to tend to him...

0 comments: