About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Making Progress!

This morning we had a family clearance appointment which has launched a series of appointments that will hopefully have us officially approved as a family for our overseas assignment sometime in early May. Here is the rundown:

  • We all (excluding Zach) have an appointment to check our immunizations tomorrow morning at 10. We know we are all current, however haven't been able to find out if there is anything special we need to live in Japan. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.


  • Clara Grace and Zach each have an appointment this Friday with a doctor at the clinic. I'll have to get Z's medical records copied from his civilian pediatriction for that.


  • I have my appointment on Monday morning.


  • I have to have the dentist sign off on CG and me. That shoudn't be difficult, just a matter of getting down there.


  • Charles has a dentist appointment, physical, and another doctor appointment to clear him.

After all of the above is handled, we will call the guy we met with today and bring all of our clearance forms to him so he can give us the status of officially cleared! Other than that, we are just waiting on Blaze's FLVN results. THEN we can start the regular activities associated with a permanent chance of station such as scheduling movers, inspections, and travel arrangements...getting a sponsor in Iwakuni, requesting housing, etc.

On other news of progress...Zach rolled over from his tummy to his back last night and I have witnesses! I'm sure it will be a long time before it happens again, but it was exciting anyway. We were at church and he was laying there with my friend's newborn while several of us adults chatted and he just did it. I'm including a couple of pics I took of him while we were waiting for our appointment this morning.