About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Clearance Updates

We are slowly but surely getting closer to "closing" the clearance process! It is exciting to be able to say that. Today the vet called to let me know that Blaze's lab work came back and he is all clear to go. He just has to complete the 180 day quarantine...so both pets are ok to go. I dropped Clara Grace's dentist form off today and they said they would mail the completed form to me today. I found out that I need the Hep A and B vaccine at my appointment today and Clara Grace and Charles both got their 2nd round of vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis today too. Charles was cleared by the dentist yesterday.

So...that means that all we have left to do is

  • Charles' physical later this week followed by a medical clearance appointment next week.
  • My medical clearance appointment next week and getting those vaccines.
  • Clara Grace and Charles getting their 3rd/final round of vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis (23 days from today).
  • Scheduling the appointment with the guy that declares our family "cleared" when all of these things are done.

Now, that certainly doesn't mean we are done but the clearance part will be over, I think. We still need to schedule an appointment to process our passports. And then we will begin preparing for the move in terms of travel dates, movers coming, household goods shipping (I think there are two seperate shipments) and travel arrangements. I'm sure I'll get more information on that as it approaches. You should hear my big sigh of relief to know we are this far into the process!