About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Harju Ice Rink

Our wonderful community liaison officer coordinated a joint time for our group to gather for some ice skating fun yesterday.  It was a nice warm day, and got up to 36 during the warmest part of the day, which meant some of our snow was melting and falling in big chunks off our roof.  Anyway, we trekked in to town.  We have not been ice skating since living in Rhode Island and Clara took lessons.  Zach was a trooper but used the cheater bars and insisted I hold on to them too, hence the shortage of pictures as Charlie had to work.  It was a nice time and there was quite a turn out.  Once Zach tired out, he and I turned in our skates and watched Clara from inside the little cafe where Zach munched on a justeburger (cheeseburger).  Clara did really well and has expressed a desire to be a figure skater.  

Clara on Ice

 Zach just getting started

 Clearly, I didn't force Clara to wear a helmet.  I did bring it though.  She did ask if she would be wearing one at the house and Zach approached me himself to say he needed to wear the helmet while skating.  I'm not sure if these are points of pride in that they think of safety or that perhaps it is an indication that I overdo on safety speech.  Naaahhh!  Seriously, Zach was the only kid wearing a helmet last night.  
 I love that it is nestled right in Old Town.  It is very picturesque.  

Clara enjoyed her time and was bummed when it was over.  We walked over to the embassy where we let Charlie know it was time to go home.  We stopped at Prisma so I could pick up a few staples to cook dinner and after adding chicken to my new favorite black bean quesadilla recipe, Charlie declared it fantastic.  Although my mixture is void of cheese, I have to say it is quite tasty and healthy too!

0 comments: