About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Making Soap

 A workshop for making artesian soap was offered to our community.  I was going to skip it just because I wasn't sure they would appreciate me bringing Zach plus it was aimed mostly for adults.  They did say kids could come though.  My friend decided to take her kids and offered to take Clara if I didn't want to go.  We worked super hard to get as much school work done for Wednesday so we wouldn't get behind, which was difficult since we also had Zach's art group which took up a good portion of Tuesday as we took the bus into the city for it.  Anyway, Clara went and really enjoyed it.  She came home showing off her skills.  I think she did a really nice job!  They also have a "sweet orange" fragrance.  Of course we had to document this event.








While Clara was off learning a new craft, Zach and I stayed home.  He did his third reading lesson and then we made cupcakes.  He was really helpful and even cracked the eggs.  I'll say that it was painful for me to watch him as I had my doubts, but he did well and only one piece of egg shell fell in, which I was able to easily retrieve.  We saved our cupcakes for later and invited our friends over to enjoy them after all the kids finished up their school work.  Luckily Clara only had to do composition and technology as she had worked so hard earlier that day and earlier in the week.  The kids ended up with a nice long playdate while my friend and I chatted.

In other news, yesterday was day 16 on my quest for healthier living.  It is still going well and I'm finally starting to see the evidence the hard work.  It was another late night exercise session, but the important thing is that we haven't cheated on the exercise at all.  I'm learning about new foods and enjoying trying them.  I'm about to order Quinoa and give that a try and also almond milk for shakes.  Obviously, I've not completely eliminated junk from the house as we made cupcakes and even potato chips recently, but I am trying to move away from prepackaged snacks and mixes to use more natural products.  I know this is boring blogging stuff, but putting it out there helps me hold myself accountable.

0 comments: