About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Cups

In a previous post I mentioned that I have been scouring heavenlyhomemakers.com for recipes and decided to try another one.  I wanted to make something different for breakfast for the kids.  This one is called baked oatmeal cups, or even bird's nests if you want to be cute.  My kids wanted to be cute, but rejected bird's nests and declared them gecko's nests in honor of our newest guest.

I used the honey option to make these but had no other modifications.  Zach was my helper this morning and helped spoon the topping, which we chose to be mini chocolate chips.  These were delicious and I can see us making these again.  It seemed more of a dessert though so we'll hang on to the leftovers for later snacks and dessert today.  Charlie even gave his nod of approval, and then requested his standard egg and cheese sandwich I made him for breakfast.




0 comments: