About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Highlights


We had a very relaxing weekend.  I was able to enjoy my fellow female friends Friday night with a tasty dinner while Charlie and the kids enjoyed a night together.  Saturday called for cleaning along with a trip into the city.  The gecko has to eat, and we get his crickets at the Zoo.  Here I am documenting our first family outing to get the crickets.  








I messed around and deleted the picture of the store front.  Oh well.  Below you see Clara holding the crickets after purchasing them.


We decided to go to Vapianos for take away (that is how they say it here and also in Japan).  Charlie got his favorite pasta, I ordered a salad, plus we got a diavolo pizza and the kids split a bear pizza.  Yum!  



 On our way home I thought to take a shot of a trolley.  It is fun to watch for them!


After a trip to the grocery store, I thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own peanut butter.  You can see them working to shell the peanuts.  I eventually had to help, but I think they learned a lesson.  




The bag was a 300 g bag and yielded roughly 1.5 cups of peanuts after shelling.


Oops.  I deleted another photo!  I am having such a hard time with  blogger lately!

Anyway, Zach helped clean up after shelling.


As you can see, we use transformers for our American appliances.  We are about to blend our peanuts!






Yes, Clara was dressed as a fairy.  That is what she does.  Regardless, she is mixing the oil with the peanuts after we added a dash of salt.  













And there we have it...homemade peanut butter!  Ok, there were still a few whole peanuts, but overall I think it worked.

















0 comments: