About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope 2009 brings many blessings to you all!

We are officially not fun people. I knew this on a subconscious level, but there is no denying it anymore. Charles and I have never done anything really celebratory for the new year, however we usually stay up (or try to) to watch the ball drop and say happy new year to one another. Often we'll even have some special snacks.

This year we stayed up until 10pm and asked each other if we really wanted to stay up until midnight. We both agreed we'd rather sleep. Sad. But we are well rested today!

We will however be having black-eyed peas on the menu today so we aren't completely tossing out tradition. Perhaps next year we'll be more festive. Also on the menu is a roast already in my new slow cooker I was given for Christmas!

On a side note. It is very cold here, or at least I think so. I do not foresee us leaving the house, and luckily we have everything we need. I checked weather.com about twenty minutes ago and it said that it is 9 degrees outside and feels like -13. I just checked again and is said it is 10 degrees and feels like -9 so it IS warming up some! Anyway, I am officially calling it "frigid" outside and saying that it has reached a point where this girl that has lived the majority of her life in the southeast will not be venturing out.

Have a great (and warm) day!

0 comments: