About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

Good Monday morning!


Our weekend was nice if not chilly, yet nothing significant or exciting happened. I'll give you a brief recap.

  • I made lasagna for the first time on Saturday...and it was a hit with both Chuck and Clara Grace! Thanks to those that gave me tips and dealt with my questions.
  • Clara Grace had another ice skating lesson. She didn't exactly gain in skills, but did very well with her balance. It wasn't that cold, but it truly felt frigid between the cloudiness and windy conditions. Even the locals looked like they were having a tough time, but CG toughed it out and warmed up with a cup of hot cocoa in the warming room after the lesson. Oh, just to share, as CG and the girl working with her skated past I heard CG say, "So, have you seen the movie Star Wars?" What a hoot! She has started chatting with people about movies so maybe she has let go of the icebreaker about having a dog named Jackson. We'll see. When she had her most recent hair cut she had three hair stylists engaged in a conversation about Disney movies.
  • I finally got around to sewing two more earned patches on CG's AWANA vest yesterday. Since I had needle and thread out, I had to repair a couple of stuffed animals that were in danger of losing their stuffing. Oh, and the irony is that she earned another patch last night. I'll not be such a slacker about sewing it on. Usually I'm a bit better on that.
  • Oh, and yesterday ended my official obligation to teach Kids of Clay every other month on Sunday mornings. It will certainly make my Sundays more relaxing, but I did enjoy it while I did it.
  • A friend gave me a large bag of maternity clothes yesterday! Perfect timing as I was about to have to go out in search of some more comfortable clothing since I'm growing at such a rapid rate. I am so thankful for the generosity of so many people!
  • Since I've had several people ask just how large I am getting, I had Chuck take a couple of shots of me last night. If I look tired, I am. That is after a full day including teaching Kids of Clay and AWANA last night and getting CG to bed. Anyway, this is me at 31 weeks. I'll share a quick funny though. As we were getting ready to leave last night, a mom of a child I had in AWANA last year saw me and looked really perplexed before she asked if I was expecting. I could NOT resist and told her no. You should have seen the look on her face! I quickly told her the truth, but it was a humorous moment.


That pretty much sums up our uneventful weekend.