About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ice Skating

Clara Grace has wanted to take ice skating lessons since last year, but she wasn't old enough nor could I find ice skates to fit her tiny feet. She was in luck this year as they accept 4-year-olds and luckily I found skates in her size. Lessons started this morning at the outdoor rink in Newport. Here are a few pics.




We were really proud of how hard she worked. The lessons are 45 minutes long and she came off the ice for a two minute break near the end, then went back out for more. I'm not going to say she had a blast today, but she didn't cry and she kept getting back up after falling. It was also rather cold out there, but she was a trooper. There were times when she moved very slowly, and other times she really found her "rhythm". She didn't want to come off the ice when the lesson was over. All in all, I think it was a great first lesson!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Wow...watch those moves! Great job performance for your first time skating on ice kid. You make it look easy. I am SO PROUD of you Gracie.

I Love you,
Grand Papa