About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Zachary Christian

Ok, it seems as though I rarely comment on the baby so thought I'd dedicate a post on just him. I'm becoming accustomed to calling the new baby by his name, but still seem in a bit of a shock to imagine we are having a boy. I'm definitely excited but it just seems like we are in for a whole new type of adventure.

Ironically, I have been much more relaxed about this baby and just have not been doing the planning I did with Clara Grace. Yes, I had done research on products and the nursery furniture is in place along with any clothes we had for CG that is appropriate for a boy and I have even aquired a few additional items (some purchases and some gifted to us)...but just have been preoccupied with what is happening now. Since Christmas has come and gone and I have officially entered the third trimester, the planning has begun!

As for the movement of the baby, oh my word! According to my reading material the baby is somewhere in the ballpark of 2lbs and 15" long. Since CG was such a small baby, I'm thinking this one might be smaller than the average but he is definitely becoming stronger and delivering some powerful kicks and punches.

At some point this coming week I guess I'll go in to the lab for the glucose screening and then have my next dr. appointment on January 9th. The time is just passing so quickly!

Clara Grace is just a marvel and so excited to be a big sister. She is so generous and eager to share with him and teach him all sorts of things. What a sweet girl she is!

0 comments: