About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not so Quick Update

Hopefully you all had a wonderful Christmas! Yesterday was spent as a day of recovery after all the fun and today will hopefully be spent taking down all the decorations. It has been great having Charles home with us so much. Clara Grace is really a bit confused on that score, but loving it.

When Charles got home from work on Christmas Eve, we watched White Christmas, ate yummy snacks, read Luke 2:1-20, we each opened a gift and CG went to bed. Christmas morning the little one was amazed that Santa knew she wanted a stuffed Pluto and a big candy cane! We had a great time opening gifts and having a late breakfast. We then did our best to restore the house to some sort of order but it was a truly fruitless effort. I then made a pumpkin pie, went on a battery run, and made mashed potatoes for us to take over to my friend's house for Christmas dinner. We enjoyed their company and Clara Grace was exhausted and ready for bed by the time we came home.

Although we missed our family, we have been very blessed this year and hope that 2009 brings us a little closer to home.

I've included a few pics I took on my phone but will have to mess with my camera soon. I sort of made an error and had a nearly full disc in the camera so didn't get many but did take a few on my phone. I haven't yet reviewed any of it so we'll see what I came up with.

0 comments: