About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Recap

Hmmm, I ran up here to quickly update the blog and saw that I haven't done anything since Tuesday, which made me reflect upon exactly WHAT we have been doing that has kept me from posting. So here goes...

Wednesday, I was scheduled to take Charlie's Jeep in for scheduled maintenance. After dropping CG off at preschool, all of a sudden it kept stalling on me. Luckily I made it home and Charlie came back to the island to make sure I was able to pick up CG and make it to the dealership. Of course, I decided to skip the ladies' coffee break (bible study group) to stay off the road so did some work at home while waiting to pick up CG. Since we were ahead of schedule we all three ate at KFC, then dropped the jeep off. It turns out the jeep had a fuel throttle sensor issue and that is now taken care of. Chuck went back to work while CG and I hung out at Barnes & Noble, Petco, and Michael's while waiting on the jeep. After that we had to drop some stuff off at a friend's house, then back home to let CG have some outdoor time on her bicycle and play, then back inside to cook supper and finish up our evening routine.

Thursday, CG and I met my friend Christine and her two little one's at the zoo. We had a lovely time and the weather cleared up. After the zoo, we skipped on over to Bristol for CG's ballet lesson, then back home for some outdoor playtime, cook supper, and finish up the evening.



Friday, another busy day with CG going to school. I did some much needed chores around the house then brought her home for lunch and we spent a lot of time outside since we are really having some beautiful weather this week. While at the playground, she met a new little neighborhood friend and then later her friends on our street came out to play.




Saturday (today) I cooked a big breakfast (well, big for me) of scrambled eggs, biscuits, country gravy, sausage and pancakes. After cleaning up and doing a few chores, we headed to Escobar's Farm to go through the corn maze and pick out a pumpkin. Luckily they allow dogs on leashes, so we took Jackson and all had a great time. We opted not to do the traditional hay ride since we had Jackson with us, but CG was able to do the "cow ride" which looked like loads of fun. The corn maze is 8 acres, so we were busy for a while. Hopefully we will carve our pumpkin today or tomorrow!



My goal is to not let so much time go by before the next post. I've really been trying to stay on top of it, but sometimes it is hard to squeeze in the time to hop on the computer and get it done, and these days I REALLY have a hard time staying up past CG's bedtime.

0 comments: