About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big news today...

We found out that our little bundle of joy is a boy!
We have several pictures of him, however none of them are very good. This is the best. I'm not sure if you can tell, but he is basically facing us. The whole process went very well. The heartbeat was 137. We have some cute pics of his feet but I'll spare you.
Now, although this story is embarrassing to me, it is HILARIOUS. After I left the ultrasound place in Providence, I made it just in time to pick up Clara Grace from school. We stopped at Subway for lunch to go, stopped at the house to let Jackson have a few minutes out of his crate and on we went to the place to have the state auto inspection done. We ate in the car since we didn't really have time to settle at the house.
When we were done there, we climbed in the car and I thought it would be a good time to tell Clara Grace she was going to have a little brother. I pulled out the BlackBerry to record the special moment. I noticed she had a slightly distracted look on her face from the beginning but she still managed to answer my questions and smile about the announcement. She said it was "good" that it was a boy and then she said, "Why are your teeth yucky?"
Ok, the recording stopped and I looked in the rearview mirror to discover I had a HUNK of lettuce covering a canine tooth! Of course I was soooo embarrassed and wondered what on earth the guy must have thought of me while we handled our transaction, but then I sat there and laughed and laughed. Later, I showed chuck the video and we just laughed because knowing where it is going you can definitely tell that the entire time she was more concerned with my green tooth than the big news.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Congratulations! We are very excited the baby is a boy. He is so handsome. We look forward to meeting him when he arrives.

Love-love,
Grand Papa & Nana