About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My first craving...

To begin with, there have been things I have wanted to eat but would not classify them as an actual craving. I consider a craving to be something that you just HAVE to get your hands on. I came close to that today.

I really wanted a sweet tea from McDonald's. The original plan was to whip in and get one on the way to taking Clara Grace to ballet class today. Of course we were cutting it too close so I drove right past the golden arches. After ballet class, we stopped at my favorite children's consignment shop where I found an adorable red velvet dress for CG's Christmas pics and the Nutcracker trip.

Finally McDonald's is in sight, but the traffic is so heavy that after waiting for quite a while I could not make a left turn there, even though there is a traffic light. I finally feel too guilty for holding up my lane and decide I want one so badly I'll drive across town to the other McD's (to be fair, it isn't that far but I'm being dramatic here). As I pull up to the drive thru, I am asked if she can help me. I place my order. She again asks if she can help me. I repeat my order for a sweet tea without lemon. I drive around, pay for it and continue to the next window where I am asked if that was no lemon or no ice. No lemon. I take my tea and drive off.

Once I am on the road I work the straw out of the paper and take a biiiiig sip of the much anticipated sweet tea to discover it is UNsweet tea!

Oh well. It is amazing how much unsweetened tea can turn the stomach, but at least my craving is over for the moment.

0 comments: