About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

When you run out of milk...

Today I realized we were low on milk and after each of my munchkins had a bowl of cereal, I had to think of something because Zach wanted another bowl.  You might have heard me mention he is never full.  Not to mention, my kids love milk so this was a potential disaster.  Looking around, I noticed I had three bananas, checked to see if I had the rest of the ingredients, and decided we could make a loaf of banana bread as my recipe called for only 1 TBSP, and I could handle that.  I love love banana bread, and remember Ms. Wendy's being nice and warm with butter on it (and usually with nuts!), yet I have never made it before, not from scratch.  

Of course it is much more fun when the kids help, so we all took part.  Clara was mashing the bananas and mixing it with the milk and cinnamon (she discovered cinnamon is quite different when not mixed with sugar) as Zach whisked the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, while I mixed the butter and sugar.  The recipe called for two eggs, so naturally each child got to crack an egg.  Just over an hour later...BAM, the kids had a tasty mid-morning snack.  


Clara and Zach both enjoyed it quite a bit.  I think it tastes that much better knowing they helped.  


 Poor Petey didn't get to try any.  Isn't he handsome?

Don't worry, I eventually made it to the store and we have plenty of milk.

Oh!  Charlie and I had an exciting event today...we finished our first round of Insanity!  

0 comments: