About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reality Check

Ok, the following story is not so interesting, but I wanted to record it before I forgot just because I found it to be a revelation.  Tonight, I sat down to read a bedtime story to Zach.  He chose a really cute VeggieTale where the vikings pull their long boat up to a drive thru.  Zach stopped me and asked what a drive thru is.

I began thinking back to a time I could tell him about going through the drive thru and couldn't think of one.  There might be one or two from our trip to the states, but it seems each time I can think of us eating something we went inside.  There are a few McDonald's with a drive thru but we rarely go and when we do, we go inside because of the language barrier, and if we went to McDonald's in Japan, we didn't use the drive thru either for the same reason.  So, I just realized that Zach has no concept of something that is very common in the U.S.  Regardless, I explained it and we finished the very cute story.

0 comments: