About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Case of the Mondays

We had a rather nice weekend.  I found a fast and tasty recipe for making pizza dough and really put it to the test Friday and Saturday.  Saturday evening we went over to have dinner at a friend's house and really enjoyed the food and visit.  Clara was in hog heaven as there were two tweens and a teen, and they doted on her.  She came home with make-up, painted fingernails, and beautiful curled hair.  Zach enjoyed himself and was a glutton with the food.  Charlie and I managed to finally move the fish tank to its permanent home in the office.  We did work hard to have everything in place to kick off the week.    I've added tutoring a young man two afternoons a week, and today was going to be my first day, but was understandable canceled due to the following events.  

We've been doing well with Zach's sleeping lately but he had me up repeatedly during the night and then this morning it was evident he was not feeling well.  No fever, but lethargic and complaining of a tummy ache. He did vomit a bit as well.  He was very clingy but I managed to get him to lay on a pallet in the office so Clara could get some school out of the way.  He fell asleep within minutes.  How sad is that?  We made sure he was nice and cushioned with Clara's old kindergarten rest mat.  Clara was so sweet about keeping her voice down and trying to help make him comfortable.  

After Zach fell asleep, I decided to make him some chicken noodle soup.  I've always opened a can of Cambell's in the past, but figured I could manage it.  Thanks to the Pioneer Woman I found an easy recipe and she even provided a recipe to make the noodles!  Clara didn't want the works with carrots and celery so I made a few modifications.  Making noodles was an interesting experience, and I think I will definitely do better next time.  



All in all, it turned out pretty good!  Everybody liked it and Charlie said it was really good...but would be even better with carrots and celery.  

Poor Zach!  He woke up while I was still working on the soup and sat holding Blankie and Lamb until I was able to hold him again.  Luckily, he seems to have really perked up over the past hour so I hope he is completely on the mend.  Also today, our Easter gift to the kids came in the mail!  I'm super excited about this gift as they are each getting a study Bible with their name engraved on it.  I'll be honest, the multicolored cover isn't my favorite but the content was the most important.  They broke the cardboard cover of Zach's so I was able to snap a picture of his name, but I didn't want to chance breaking Clara's.  Obviously, Zach will not be able to use his yet, but I thought it would make a nice gift and hopefully he'll be using his soon.  



 Now we just need to pray that Zach continues to feel well and the rest of us stay healthy.


0 comments: