About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Clara Grace's 6th Birthday!

Clara Grace's actual birthday, June 21, fell on a Monday and was the first Monday after school was let out. It was her first day of Camp Adventure and my first day of meeting and preparing to teach summer school. It was sort of a hectic day, but we wanted to make it special so we decided to give her the "big" gift. Thinking back, I'm hazy on the details, but there were a bunch of other things going on but Charlie managed to put her bike together and I made some cupcakes and picked up balloons. This is what she walked into and was SO excited. She said it was PERFECT. I don't suppose we could have hoped for a better response. We decided to have her party on the following Friday, in the community room on base with a padded jungle gym. We also had reserved a bounce house but canceled due to the rain. She was super excited but I was a bit concerned we would have low turn out due to the fact that school was already out, not many people had indicated they would come, it was a friday afternoon, and it was raining cats and dogs. However, I shouldn't have worried because at 4pm, there was a small herd of people coming through the door. We took lots of pictures, but I tried to really select just a few for this post. The party was slated for 4-6, but the majority stayed until 8pm! Needless to say, it was fun but we were exhausted by the end. I had hoped to be home by 7pm. Charlie was awesome. He told me to take the kids home. He did the clean-up, passed the key to the lady needing it for Saturday and came on home. We made it pretty simple with pizza and chips, soda and juice boxes. As it turned out we barely had time to decorate since I worked that day, got the keys to the community room at my insepection at 1pm plus all the other running around while Charlie was putting the bike together and taking care of some of his Marine stuff.
This lovely decoration was sent all the way from Massachussets. Thanks Christine!


Here is a shot of the room before the party. There is a climbing wall not shown, this padded area for toddlers, then a big area for the bigger kids.

The climbing wall with the Tinkerbell birthdaybanner and pinata.

This room comes with a closet full of tables and chairs so it worked out really well. We put on Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure for additional ambiance.

Party favors and gift table

The kids had a lot of fun. I loved this shot below of them "hanging around".

The cake.


Blowing out the candles!


Zach had a blast!
I have video of the pinata but it has failed to load several times. I'll try again later.

0 comments: