About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

OBBB Day 2

Operation Big Boy Bed is going. I suppose you would say it is even going successfully. The nap yesterday wasn't too bad. I mean, he did fall asleep although he did make numerous attempts to avoid the inevitable. Last night wasn't too bad either. He fell asleep without too many issues, however he woke multiple times throughout the night. I woke this morning feeling a little less than rested. Charlie called this morning and was surprised everyone was still sleeping at nearly 7am. Broken sleep with do that to a person, even if it is a 2-year-old.

As you can see, the bed has already had a couple of placements in the room. I'm thinking of making additional adjustments, but it is working as it is.
Proof that Zach will eventually fall asleep in the bed.
Regardless that it takes a few minutes to get him to sleep, I truly think it is going well. I would be surprised if he went straight to sleep in it each time. He likes his big boy bed and tells anyone that will listen about it. Now I have to get actual toddler bed bedding, mainly so I can go ahead and find a new home for the crib bedding, which is part of what we are using now.

On a side note, see the pink (I think it is a pig) stuffed animal. This is James, which Zach calls Jimmy, that is from daycare. It is Jimmy's misfortune to spend the weekend with a disinterested Zach. There is a journal that we are to record his activities with Zach and include pictures. Most of our pictures for the journal are like this...inserted for the photo op. I tried to get Zach to hold him and he might for a minute before he passed James right back. I tried to get him to give James a ride while he was riding his four-wheeler...he tossed James off. All the other pictures in the journal show big cheesy grins doing fun things with James.

0 comments: