About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Although the weekend was yucky with rain, Halloween actually turned out to be really nice weather. It was actually warm during the day, but cooled down just a tad for the evening. Clara Grace's good friend and her mom came over for pizza before we headed out for treat or treat. Clara was adamant about not wearing her Daphne wig, so I don't think everyone quickly figured out who she was. Zach cried about wearing the Scooby costume until we were actually trick or treating. You would have thought I was torturing him! Here is a pic of the girls posing just before we left.We stopped at a few apartments before hitting the townhouses. Can you see the tears still glistening on his cheeks? He would not put Scooby's head on though.
This is the father of one of Clara's classmates and he was a hoot. He talked Scooby talk the entire time to Zach. Zach didn't seem to get it, which made it all the funnier.
This is another good friend of Clara and Megan, dressed as Cleopatra.
I enjoyed speculating whether this young man was a prop or if he just ran out of steam.
Zach was definitely intrigued by all the decorations.


If you recall, Zach was a raging lunatic before we left. I just threw the wig on. It looked awful, but I was apparently easily identified as Velma, so oh well. I never did get around to turning the wagon into the Mystery Machine. Oh man, I realize I never once said, "Jinkies!"
The girls posing...again.
Zach, on the last leg of the journey.
We had a great time and I still managed to get Zach in bed by 7:45 and Clara in bed by 8:30. I think it is about time for me to call it a night as well.

Happy Halloween

0 comments: