About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Clara's Creations

We had a pretty nice weekend leading up to Halloween, which is tomorrow. We kicked it off by meeting friends at the bowling alley for dinner plus and then we went to the library for pumpkin origami, tasty treats, story telling and relay races. Clara had a friend spend the night with her and I took down the crib.

Clara drew a face on her pumpkin and Zach directed her for his face. I did the carving while Clara assisted with scooping out the seeds. I think their little jack-o-lanterns turned out fairly cute. Clara is in her Daphne outfit as we did this after her Girl Scout event today.
I thought this turned out rather cute. This is a shoe Clara Grace designed using the little beads on the board and you iron them to bond them together. I went ahead and did it for her but didn't think much of it until I saw it bonded. I was impressed!
Clara and I decided to make a cake using disposable pumpkin-shaped pans. She pretty much did it by herself with me giving guidance here and there.




I know we should have used black for the face, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. I think she did a pretty good job though. We took this one to a friend but have been enjoying the one we kept for us at home.

0 comments: