About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Friday, February 11, 2011

This week in the House of Hollowell...

Not much happened this week, and most of this is rambling about the kids. Let's see...

  • Zach was mauled at daycare. One of the kids was sitting beside him at the table and just turned and with both hands raked the nails down his cheeks. One side is worse that the other. I have to say, I know the age is prone to doing things like this...but this is why I am maniacal about making sure Zach's nails are trimmed. For his safety and that of other children. He is healing nicely though.
  • Clara Grace has requested to have her ears pierced. I planned to wait until she was older, but I'm willing to make this compromise. If I can figure out how to have them pierced here in Iwakuni that is.
  • As a parent, you just never know what your kids are going to do. Last night, I was returning some items to Zach's room. As I walked in, the light was already on and I glanced to the right to see Clara Grace standing on the glider. Like she was on a surfboard. And the glider just a gliding. Before I could say anything, she anounced that she was practicing surfing. And got back to business. Of course I had to end the fun, but I found it hysterical.
  • Disney has a hold on Zach. He loves Mickey. A lot.
  • Clara Grace is currently memorizing the books of the Old Testament for AWANA.
  • If rumors are correct, there WILL be a spring bazaar this year!
  • I cannot believe Zach turns two next month!

0 comments: