About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow!

This past Saturday we woke up to see a few flakes falling from the sky. Those flakes picked up speed and there was quite a bit of wind as well. Charlie predicted a couple of inches but I didn't believe it. Last winter there was no snow, and while we've had many flurries this winter there has been no accumulation. Charlie was right. We didn't get much, probably between 2-3 inches but it was enough to get out and enjoy. We needed to check the mail and I had left the camera in my classroom so I asked if we could swing by and pick it up to document what might be the only snow we experience while in Iwakuni. This first picture is taken from outside my classroom. That dark line just beyond the car is the sea wall. This is outside the apartment building. I personally wanted a shot of the teen building a fort. It looked like he was gearing up for a serious snowball fight. Clara Grace was busy at work attempting to build a snowman.
There was enough snow that we saw several good ones, but by the time we made it out there wasn't much of a chance without a lot of grass involved.
That is Zach off in the distance with Charlie on the playground. I was trying to get a shot of that kid building the fort. Notice all the snowman tracks where people were rolling the balls.
There they are!
We had a lot of fun in a short period of time. Charlie and I had quite the snowball fight and the kids had a blast. Zach wouldn't wear gloves so we were just out for a few minutes. It wasn't that cold for us but without gloves...not a good idea. The trip ended when Clara Grace got too excited watching us have a snowball fight and decided to throw one at Zach. She doesn't have very good aim, and well, she hit him in the head. Fun in the snow over. Hello hot cocoa!
Anyway, it was a good thing we got out there when we did because it was pretty much gone a few hours later.

1 comments:

jamielblev

I had no idea it would actually snow there!! I have no idea why though. Maybe since it's always hot and muggy where my brother is at in Singapore.