About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jan Jaka and Bike Riding...

You will be happy to know Zach had a speedy recovery from his illness last weekend.

The rest of the week went by relatively incident free. It was busy. Clara Grace successfully completed level 2 of swim lessons and we were moved from the waiting list to a time slot for March lessons. Luckily we have a break this week and lessons start up March 8th for her. Although I'm glad she is enrolled, it certainly keeps me on my toes getting her to class twice a week plus AWANA and my meetings and work.

We were very pleased to have nice weather this week. It was mostly hitting the 50's during the day and several days I skipped wearing my fleece. On Saturday we took Clara Grace on our first family biking expedition. She is doing really well riding. We put Zach in the trailer that I towed and kept Clara Grace between me and Charlie. We took a ride through the neighborhood and walked bikes across the main road on base and then got on the sea wall. Clara Grace was scared but still gave it a try. All in all it was a fun trip. We did stop at a playground and let the kids play for a little while. I think we rode about 3.5 miles total. There was one little incident where Clara Grace wasn't paying attention and slammed right into a completely stopped Charlie. She shook it off though and paid better attention the rest of the ride.

Today we decided to try a restaurant that gets rave reviews. It is called Jan Jaka and is a Korean restaurant. It was awesome. It is very intimate in that tables are seperated by drapes. We were seated in a little room that only had two booths that were down low to the ground and had a grill in the table. The kids shared a kids meal that had curry, rice, french fries and an egg omelet. The waitress brought out a basket and Clara Grace was able to pick out a little toy. Charlie and I ordered a meal for two that had a variety of meats that we were able to cook on our grill. It was yummy and we will definitely go back.

The weekend is coming to an end now. We are about to start out bedtime routines. I was able to get a lot done around the house as we get ready to begin another week. Tomorrow I begin my class. I have access to the online classroom now and realize I am going to be very busy from now on. Unfortunately my books have not arrived but my instructor responded to my email and she was very helpful and understanding. Hopefully next week I will be able to report that I successfully completed the first week of the class.

Until then, have a great week...

0 comments: