About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

King Steakhouse

Saturday we decided to take a scenic ride around Iwakuni. Charlie drove us around and pointed out some places he has gone on bike rides. He took us to a dam that was pretty neat. It was the first time Clara Grace had seen anything like that, or at least that she is old enough to recall. While out, we decided to try out a steakhouse that several people have recommended. What a great idea!

The kids each got a "happy meal" that came with a small hamburger steak, rice, what looked like a cheese omelet with ketchup on it and vanilla pudding. Clara really enjoyed her meal. Zach picked at his, which is funny because he is generally a little more open to different foods than she is. Charlie and I both ordered steak that was cooked perfectly and was delicious. It arrived on a sizzling cast iron platter accompanied with potato wedges, carrots and corn. We each had a warm dinner roll I slathered with butter. We were able to choose between a red wine dipping sauce and some other, we chose the red wine but the steak was so yummy without it that we only dipped a couple bites. It was wonderful and I left not a single morsel of my meal on the place. Our meals also came with the soup, salad and fruit bar which wasn't that great for me but Charlie loved it. Clara went with me on my trip and we picked out Japanese cucumbers, broccoli and something that she swore was jello and insisted on trying. I appeased her, but she said it tasted like coffee. Zach, on the otherhand, enjoyed it and ate all of that I had put on my plate. Who knows what it was.

I tell you what I do know though, I will be going back! They had an English menu and there were quite a few things I'd like to try. They also had a high chair which was a big bonus for us.

0 comments: