About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Compromise

As mentioned in a previous post, Clara Grace wants her ears pierced. I had the day all planned for when she was around 12 or 13 and we would have a girls' day...manicures, pedicures, tea, a trip to the make-up counter and getting her ears pierced. Plans change. Clara Grace decided she was big enough and could handle both the pain of the process and the maintenance. So, we made an appointment for today.

The ears before...
Here she is, all grubby from a day at school but excited as she awaits the piercing.

I decided to not document the tears. She really did great, I must say. When she saw the "gun" she began to get a little concerned. She asked Hannah several questions about how she was going to do it. She did cry for a moment with the first ear and I was a little concerned. She said it hurt. But when she pierced the second ear she only said, "Ow Ow Ow Ow!" and that was that. No tears. Then we spun her around to see how she looked and this was the expression on her face.

She has no regrets and says she would do it again knowing how much it hurt. I'm still not sure how I feel, but I do admit she looks very pretty with them.