About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You're going to Guam, right?

Ok, I just cannot resist blogging about this particular experience. I'll have to go back and check to see if I shared this, but I was a little concerned when I registered the pets at the vet clinic on base and she kept telling me that results would be sent to them and Guam. I didn't know where Guam fit in the picture.

Fast forward to today when both pets were scheduled for a rabies vaccination and Blaze got a microchip. Charlie took them in since they do not allow children in under 12 years of age. When we got home (we also squeezed in having our passport photos done this morning since it is right beside the vet) he had some conflicting information than what the lady and I discussed at registration. So, I gave her a call. Here is a portion of the conversation:

First, there is a brief discussion where we discussed each animal's prior rabies shot history (both are current but there is a little concern with the process since Blaze just had the microchip and one of Jackson's certificates has him named as Taylor although it was changed to Jackson at some time prior to our adoption).

Lady: Let me double check. You are going to Guam, right?

Me: No. Japan.

Lady: Oh, ok. I'll be right back.

(I'm put on hold for a few minutes with some very strange sounds, not music at all but close to the sound of testing an alarm.)

Lady: Everything is on just as we originally discussed. The FLVN can be drawn on the 31st for both animals. You are going to Guam, right?

Me: No. Japan.

Lady: Oh no. I checked for Guam. I'll have to go back and check for Japan, but it is getting busy. Can I get your number and call you back?

I cannot help but chuckle over this! For some reason this lady has Guam on the brain! Of course, part of me is slightly annoyed because I want to make sure all is in order...I'm not big on surprises of this nature. So, keep your fingers crossed that we are 100% in order at some point today when she gets back with me.

0 comments: