About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eating, Entertainment, Enlargement

Clara Grace is enjoying the incredibly delicious cake balls we made over a two day period. My friend Jamie shared this delightful treat idea and I could not resist. All you do is bake a cake (are you surprised we selected chocolate), crumble it up in a bowl and stir in your favorite frosting (again, chocolate here) and cool in the fridge. Then you make balls out of it, dip it in something melted and roll it in something yummy. I actually skipped dipping, but we did roll them in sprinkles and they are fantastic! Below you will see Clara Grace playing her first real video game. Charles has an XBox360 racing game which you of course need a steering wheel for...and CG has been wanting to play with it...soooo in a moment of lunacy I went online and discovered they have a couple of games for youngsters, told Charles about it and home he came with a Mater National game (for those that do not know, this is Mater from the Disney/Pixar movie Cars). I was literally laughing out loud as CG drove. We watched her just batter the tar out of her car until Charlie finally assisted her a little with steering. It was good fun.

Do you think I ate a few too many cake balls? Just kidding. Someone indicated the picture CG took a few days ago was fuzzy so I asked Charlie to take one on Sunday. This is evidence that you should take pictures before you leave the house because I promise I didn't see this same image in the mirror. This is me at 37.5 weeks along. Today I have 15 days until the due date. I think I'll have him take a picture of me in another week and post it with the picture we took the weekend before CG was born (she was born on Monday, at 39w1d) so we can compare.