About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Thank You Aunt Korin!

Aunt Korin sent a rather large package in the mail, and with a little help Clara Grace tackled it.
She figured out it was something to do with American Girl. I wish I had video so you could hear the excitement.
Reading the Card
Now, she is thrilled to get Kit and Ruthie. She has talked about those dolls for the last two years since visiting Aunt Korin and Uncle Larry before we came to Iwakuni. Now, I have to share Zach's reaction. He loves baby dolls and is a very compassionate little guy. They say he tries to soothe upset kids at daycare. The other day we were in the toy section and there was a baby that giggled and bounced when activated. Zach thought it was crying, so sat down beside it with his arm around the baby and kept talking to her and telling me what he was doing. He tried to bring the doll home with us and kept saying, "My baby!" Finally I got him to say goodbye and we left. Well, when he saw the American Girl dolls he looked at one and announced, "MY baby!" Clara Grace was very territorial of her newest acquisitions and Zach was not happy. I went and got a baby doll from Clara Grace's room (she was not thrilled with me on this one) and gave him the doll to play with. This is a picture of him sitting with the doll. He had her beside him at lunch too and was trying to offer her juice. It is pretty cute. Oh, and check out his boots. He loves them too and insisted on wearing them today. It was a rare sunny day of late so was goofy, but I went with it. He is a funny kid...insists on getting dressed first thing in the morning including shoes.

0 comments: