About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Photo Update

Well, when I went to add photos, I realized just how much time has passed since the last pictures were posted. Here are a few brief pictures to span the time.

This picture was taken the day before Easter. A teacher on my grade level invited a lot of families to her house for an Easter egg hunt and visiting. She lives out in town and lives in a traditional Japanese house. Zach was drawn to the drums. See those drum sticks under the drum...yes, they had to be removed from his hands repeatedly. I seemed much more stressed about it than Gina though. I spent my time chasing Zach for the most part.
Clara Grace had a blast playing with all the kids. Here, she climbed up on this rock, which was REALLY high.
Here is a group shot of most of the kids there. Since I was chasing Zach, I got very few action shots of the actual hunt.
Here are our baskets Easter morning.
The kids ready for church.
Walking back from church. We live really close.
Clara Grace completed another year of AWANA.
Charlie took the day off to go with Clara Grace to the zoo on a field trip.
On Memorial day we went out to the beach to search for shells.
Oh, we also got a new car. Road taxes were due, and the van Charlie was driving was also going to have a JCI inspection very soon which it was going to not be cost effective to do all that since it was having some problems...so we replaced it. Luckily we got a great deal and I LOVE this vehicle. I could definitely use it in the states. Charlie is now driving the blue Pajero Mini and I have this since it is so spacious. If the door is open, Zach can climb in and get in his seat by himself. There is plenty of cargo room for groceries in the back. I'll miss it when we leave here, because I know we couldn't buy something like this for $2,000 back there.

The Zachster
Clara Grace on her way to getting very dizzy
A picture to show off the many missing teeth of Clara Grace
The force is strong with this family! I had been vacuuming and Zach grabbed the wand off the vacuum and began using it like a light sabre. Clara Grace is not to be outdone so she scampered off to her room to return with her light sabre.
This is Clara's first grade teacher, Mrs. Clark. Clara Grace loves her dearly. A couple of parents organized a little surprise going away party for her as she is leaving Iwakuni behind after 11 years here and going to teach in Germany.

0 comments: