About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Clara Grace's First Sleepover

Clara Grace was planning to have her first sleepover yesterday. It was a little girl that had been over before, they are in the same class and her mom is a teacher as well. We had invited her over and Clara Grace was super excited. She also had her first ballet class in two years that morning. Well, I had dropped Zach off at daycare for a couple of hours so I could do some cleaning, run a couple of errands and take CG to ballet class. When I picked up Zach at 11:30, they were taking his temperature. He had a 102 temperature. I told Clara Grace that we might have to cancel the sleepover. She handled it well, but was bummed. Her friend was flying out for the states on Wednesday. I scheduled an appointment with the doctor, and she said he had another ear infection. Anyway, the mom and I mutually agreed that sleeping over was not a good idea, so she offered to have CG spend the night with them. This was a HUGE decision for me. After talking to Charlie, we decided to give it a try. Boy was she stoked! It was really tough for me and I was eager to have her come home. The mom said CG did great, but did have trouble falling asleep. Luckily she wasn't difficult, just struggled while laying there. She said that finally when she checked on the girls at 10:30 that she was asleep. You can see how tired she is today, but she had a great time.

0 comments: