About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

My baby girl is sick...

Poor Clara Grace is sick. It began Friday night at the lantern walk. She was quite fine and doing well and toward the end of the event she wanted to be held and just put her head on my shoulder. Since it had been a busy day and it was already near her bedtime I just assumed she was tuckered out. When we got home I took her temperature and it was 99.9 so she got a dose of Tylenol and went to bed.

Yesterday she woke up happy as a lark with no fever so we went to the birthday party. She seemed rather reserved, but other than that seemed fine. When we left the party, we went over to Border's to get my wristband so I could have my book signed by Glenn Beck. As we were leaving the mall, she again wanted to be held and indeed felt quite warm to the touch. We got home around 6 pm and she had a temperature of 101 and was very lethargic. I gave her a dose of Tylenol and she took turns laying on us. We filled up a water bottle and asked her to take sips frequently and she declined supper. She did seem to have a little tummy trouble in the bathroom, but no more problems since then. Her fever did start coming down. She slept fairly well until the wee hours of the morning when I gave her another dose of Tylenol.

This morning she is doing fine but has developed a bit of a deep cough. She is a bit annoyed since I am not letting her go to church this morning. I have to admit that there is something familiar in her comments of, "I'm not sick!" Charlie is going to stay home with her since I have the commitment to teach the kids during the service and AWANA tonight. Hopefully she doesn't have a fever again tonight. I don't want to expose her to any other kids at this point so she might be skipping school tomorrow. We'll see.

Since she was sick and we had a full-fledged storm, I did not make it to see Glenn Beck last night. During our drive home from Providence we were already driving through quite a few deep spots of water, it was continuing to come down and the wind was really rough. It only picked up in ferocity once we got home and Charlie and I agreed (although I really wanted to go) that between the girl sick and the raging wind that it just was in our best interest to skip it.

Well, I have to finish getting ready for the morning. I'll post later on CG's progress.

1 comments:

jamielblev

Ahh, poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. And I'm sorry to hear you missed the book signing. I know you were looking forward to getting that done all week.