About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I met Bill O'Reilly!

This might not be a big deal to many people, but I've been watching the O'Reilly Factor now since at least early 2000. We have most of his books, and although we might not always agree with him we just love watching the show. Anyway, last Saturday I stood in line to get my arm band that is the ticket used to get to see him. Originally it was said that there would be 500 available, but they said today that they gave out 600. This morning we arrived just as Borders was opening at 9 am, got in the line to get in the store and then began our wait. O'Reilly was scheduled to be there at 10 am, and he was there precisely then. It really wasn't so bad because we were roughly around the 300 mark, and we were out of there just before 11 am.

This was just as he arrived. People applauded and there were a few "I love you, Bill!" comments yelled out. I was really amazed at the turn out. There were a lot of people arriving not realizing they needed arm bands.
This was after he had been there for a little while. I snuck up close to get a shot.

Here I am cheesing it up, while clearly O'Reilly is more interested in CG! I'm a total dork that this was such a big event for me.

0 comments: