About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope each of you have a blessed holiday and take the time to reflect on all that you have to be thankful. Clara Grace did a very nice job during our dinner and it is a shame I didn't catch it on camera. Without being prompted she talked about what a delicious meal it was, thanked me for cooking, and talked about being thankful for her family, our house, and the trees. She did it with personality though. Very cute.

Here are a couple of pictures right before we sat down to eat. Since we are so far away from our family, I try to cook a dinner similar (but on a much smaller scale) to what we would have if we could spend the holiday with them. Some of the recipes are from those homes, and you can bet I make at LEAST one phone call to double check the preparation. Thank you all of your help!

Here is my little turkey all excited to eat the turkey. She really enjoyed the meal and took to Aunt Patsy's "pink stuff" and the dressing. I didn't snap a picture of the turkey this year, but it was quite juicy!
The Chuckster certainly outdid himself consuming his share. He polished off his first plate as I was just getting into mine, and he hopped up to get a bit more. Currently he is sitting on the couch trying to recover while he continues to look forward to eating more.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh, and tomorrow brings black friday shopping and Christmas decorating!!! I'm so excited!

0 comments: