About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Marine Corps Ball 2012

We celebrated the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps last Saturday night.  It was held at the House of the Blackheads Guild in Old Town and was a perfect venue.  Charlie did a fantastic job planning this event and the whole detachment pulled together an unforgettable evening.  

He left the house at 6 AM, and I didn't see him again until I arrived for the ball.  Several of us ladies got together at an apartment and had a make-up artist and hair stylists come to fix us up while he had refreshments and got ready for the ball.  It was a great time and then we taxied over to the venue.  I actually danced...a lot and had a fabulous time.  I have never stayed for an entire ball before, so that speaks for itself.  The venue was great, I enjoyed all the guests, the food, and the dance.  Charlie is going to have a hard time topping this for next year, but he is already thinking ahead.  There were so many people congratulation him and saying it was by far the best ball ever.  I am quite proud of him!  







0 comments: