About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

It is that time of year!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year, even though we did miss our family and friends.  Our day was blessed with yummy food and great family time with us four.  We were able to talk to quite a few family members the day of and before.  With so much going on right now, it was just really nice to relax together.

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I am in the Christmas spirit.  My friend that came by yesterday to help with work for the upcoming Christmas bazaar declared I am "one of THOSE people".  The tree went up yesterday and the kids enjoyed pulling out some of our decorations.  I'll have to say that our tree is well loved but has seen better days.  Also, as I pulled out our ornaments, the sentimental ones are now becoming the majority!  I had such a lovely time thinking about the meaning attached to each one and am not even concerned our tree isn't very coordinated anymore.  I now understand why the parents kept all those horrendous handmade ornaments from us kids.

Since my small tree will not be in my classroom this year, the kids are getting to decorate it today.  It is now standing and Clara has made a star for it.  Right now the kids are busy making ornaments to hang on it while listening to Christmas tunes.  Look at those grins!



0 comments: