About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Connecting with Clara

I love homeschooling!  Clara and I have developed a routine and are enjoying our experience.  It has been really nice to watch her become a stronger student and develop habits that will help her throughout life.

One of the components of the curriculum we use is technology.  Clara has a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject as she loves getting to learn about technology and use it, but isn't overly fond of keyboarding, and the expected practice that comes with it.  She has been chomping at the bit to email lately, and yesterday's lesson was on that very topic.  I decided to make her an account and give very strict guidelines with supervision, and it has turned out to be a lot of fun for both of us.  She and I have exchanged several messages and her notes are really cute.  Through email, she coordinated a tea party for us in her bedroom after school.  And as a result, she can now make me a cup of tea since our water dispenser has a hot water tap.

Right now she is only allowed to email with  Charlie and me, but I hope she continues to enjoy the regular communication with us.  Anyway, this is just one more way that homeschooling is enhancing our lives.

0 comments: