About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Loving Spring Break!

Today is the Saturday before we return to school from spring break. We've had a nice and relaxing break and managed to get a lot of items checked off my list of things to do before my trip to Quantico. Clara had a friend spend the night and they had a great time.

This morning I was making waffles, while chatting with Wendy and Dad when Zach decided he wanted to eat Whoppers instead. I told him no. My resourceful young man hauled a dining room chair into the kitchen and got them for himself. On a side note, he is wearing the other pajamas Mimi made him. He said, "Ohhh! They're so cute!" You should hear how he says it...adorable.After her friend went home we checked the mail and then went out to play. I wanted to work on Zach's ball skills. His practice last night was canceled due to rain. It is rescheduled for tomorrow. I am looking forward to watching them play. He wears his ball cap all the time now.
Clara is fun to watch! She doesn't stay with it for long. For a while I was a troll chasing after them. Then, as I'm chasing her...I realize she has dropped our game and is frolicking after a butterfly.
We are loving this warm weather. Zach is struggling with my desire to remove his layers. He now insists on wearing a long-sleeved tee under his short-sleeved ones. I tried to put shorts on him the other day and he got very upset and was trying to make the hem reach his ankles. I'm sure he'll adjust as it warms up. He is at least now leaving the apartment without his coat on, so there IS progress. Clara on the other hand has to be told to dress warmer on some days. They do balance each other out!

0 comments: