About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008



One of the most delightful consequences of motherhood is that I actually have developed the ability to quietly accept the way things very often do not go according to plan. This of course was difficult for me to learn as I have one of those Type A personalities people always complain about that like to make sure all things are planned and executed to my expectations.

Moving on, today was originally going to be a laid back day however when I arrived home from our fun afternoon yesterday (read yesterday's blog if you aren't following me) there was a message from a friend needing a babysitter for today. I agreed. He is a delightful little boy and Clara Grace just loves him. As you can see above, she was able to feed a baby for the first time. I have no doubt she will be a wonderful big sister. That being said, it was a change of plan, one that I truly enjoyed.

However, I did not quite enjoy the afternoon as much as my time with baby Jeremy. I was able to schedule an appointment to get a new military ID for this afternoon at 2:30 PM. As I go to get on base, the guard realizes that my ID has expired so he confiscated it (in the nicest way possible). He gave me a receipt for the confiscation and sent me on my way to the appointment. I checked in and then waited over half an hour for my appointment only to find out that I cannot get it renewed today. Charles either has to come in or take my new form to be notarized.

Needless to say, the commissary trip has been delayed for yet another day! Since I could not go to the commissary and Charles wants to make his yummy baked ziti tonight we stopped at Stop & Shop again today to get all the fixings. Of course Clara Grace wanted to say hello to the lobsters and being the sweetie pie she is, the man pulled out a lobster and really entertained her! She had a blast and he was super friendly to her and answered all of her questions.

Suffice it to say that each day I wonder what new adventures we will experience, and hope that each minor bump enhances my overall outlook. I'm also working hard to not give myself TOOOOO much grief over allowing my military ID to expire...but at least I have learned to go with the flow whether it is unexpected babysitting, grocery shopping delays while Clara Grace learns more about lobsters or prolonged efforts to remedy my own lack of attention to details!


0 comments: