About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just another day...

Ultimately, today has been nothing more than busy, however I am absolutely exhausted as I prepare for bed.

The day began rather routinely with a 3.5 mile walk with Jackson, Clara Grace in the stroller along with my walking buddy and her 4-month-old son in his stroller. We returned home so Clara Grace could eat breakfast while I did some chores around the house. I was invited to try out a stroller class at the gym on base, so we went. It was GREAT! An hour packed with swift laps around the gym, lots of squats, lunges, and strength training. I'm telling you...I felt the burn.

After the workout, CG and I went home where I showered and we prepared for our outing for the bank, Blimpies and commissary. At the bank the teller informed me my military id was expired but was able to conduct my transaction with my driver's license. CG and I grabbed lunch at Blimpies, but after consuming half of her food she announced she was done, then climbed off her chair clutching her stomach and doubling over. She was clammy and listless but refused to admit her stomach hurt. We did quickly stop by the office to check about getting a new military id. Turns out my neighbor works there, but he gave me the information to be able to schedule my appointment online since they no longer do walk-ins. CG is still in the same condition and I am carrying her everywhere. Long story short, I took her in to the naval clinic to set up an appointment. Her pedi wasn't available so family practice it was. While we waited for our appointment, they decided to send us to radiology for X-Rays so we did that and returned to wait. After being taken to the back for vitals and then waiting for the doctor, CG finally raises her head off my shoulder and begins to talk, seeming much more like her usual self. Turns out she had a lot of air on her tummy so we are now armed with drops for possible future bouts.

Needless to say, we never made it to the commissary but did swing by Stop & Shop for oranges (sending orange slices for snack for preschool tomorrow), bread, and a quick skillet dinner option since the idea of serious cooking was now out of my head. We made it home around 5:30pm, then cooked, ate supper, and readied CG for bed.

By now, my muscles are screaming at me for the work out, and while I'm extremely relieved CG is fine, it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster there for a bit this afternoon. I'm signing off and hoping for a very relaxed and uneventful day tomorrow.

0 comments: