About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ballet Benefits

I'm not really sure how to set the scene for this one and opted to not take a picture in order to preserve the dignity of my four-year-old so you'll just have to follow my description.

As part of the process to prepare for bed, Clara Grace was asked to remove her clothes. I sat there watching as she struggled to pull her left arm in through the sleeve, which looked difficult but it is certainly an acceptable method for removal. Then she surprised me by pushing that arm up through the neck to expose her whole left arm and shoulder. Hmmm...this looked interesting. I made a suggestion which was ignored as she knew what her mission was all about. The next step was an even more labored removal of the right arm, but she managed it. At this point you might think she was going to pull it up over her head. Nope. With the neck of this shirt wrapped around her chest, she began to shimmy it down her torso. She then removed her shorts and pulled the shirt down so that the neck is around her waist. Now she stops and just looks down. I began wondering if she was stumped as to how this happened or if she just doesn't know what to do next.

Then, she looks up and begins sashaying around the room and dancing and asked, "Do you like my tutu? I'm Sleeping Beauty!"

And yes, they do Sleeping Beauty as part of the fairy tale ballets in each class.

It truly was adorable, but I'm not sure that Tinkerbell shirt will ever be the same. Who knew putting Clara Grace in ballet would provide such humor during the bedtime routine?

0 comments: