About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

NINE!

Nine years old!  It is so hard to believe that my baby girl is now nine.  Her actual birthday coincided with a Bring Your Child/Pet to Work day for Charlie so we decided to celebrate on Saturday rather than Friday.  Regardless, she had a blast at the embassy and the kids were able to do some really neat things.  I've opted to not post those pictures, but suffice it to say that Clara was not disappointed to spend her birthday in such a way.

So, Saturday, the 22nd, we started the morning off with chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream!  Sweet!


 Then we had a couple of families over to enjoy burgers, brats, and hotdogs.  Clara wanted a Harry Potter cake, and I did my best to accommodate her wishes.  She had a red velvet cake with buttercream icing.  I am very challenged, but she approved every step, including the icing color.  She thought it was perfect.  I really cannot say anything about the looks, but I must admit that it was indeed a tasty cake.




 After cake she opened the presents.  She loved everything!  






 She has been longing for the Knight Bus for a long time.  Thanks Nana and Grandpa!







 Party favors were wands and wizard costumes that seemed to be a big hit.



 She has everything she needs to be a wizard and I don't have to worry about a Halloween costume this year!

 The girls stayed for a sleepover where they watched...HP and the Goblet of Fire while eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  I was not willing to try any, but the girls got a kick of out offering earthworms to Charlie.  He was a sport about it.  Clara was one happy birthday girl!

0 comments: