About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, December 3, 2012

So over the snow now...

While I remain upbeat and think it is indeed beautiful, and of course I'm hoping for a white Christmas...but the snow is beginning to get old. A little more fell last night and continues to lightly drift down today.  It isn't that much, but my arm is sore from shoveling and as I look at the picture below you can hardly tell I applied any effort.  The kids played while I worked the bicep.  There is little they can really do with it, although it looked like they were swimming for a while.  Clara dug herself a small igloo, as seen below.  We are dying to build a snowman, but we cannot even make a decent snowball out of this stuff.  We made do with me tossing shovelfuls of snow on them...



In other news, I discovered that it looks like my hopes of riding in a "one horse open sleigh" are not likely to happen here.  But, I am still excited for us to visit the Christmas Village at the Estonian Open Air Musuem.  I found a youtube clip from last year's and am even more excited!



Apparently the kids will be able to experience a sleigh ride pulled by dogs if we make it to the Christmas Village in Viimsi though!

I'm discovering there are quite a few nifty things to do here during the winter!

0 comments: