About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Decorating Cookies

I wanted to make a batch of sugar cookies today so we could practice for the batches we'll be making to take to the orphanages soon.  Since I am very challenged when it comes to decorating, I decided to use the cookie press rather than trying to free hand it with the traditional Christmas cookie shapes.  We'll probably make some of those too, but we'll not be subjecting orphans to those efforts.


Zach started out on this cookie that was supposed to be a snowflake.  He was so industrious and worked diligently on this guy the entire time!  I love that he can be so focused at three.


Ah, you see a little more detail.  Even though I was tracing, I was quite proud of my own efforts that can be seen in the same picture.
 We were finally able to pry Clara away from Barbie.com as she was rocking out to the song Two Voices One Song.  I'm including the link because I think YOU should get to have that song in your head too.
 Isn't that a lovely snowflake?  She opted to add the outline herself as she is much more artistic than me.
 These guys have been so super sweet to each other today and were complimenting each other's work.  I know their hair is a little crazy, but that is what happens after you have been running around in the snow with hats on.
 Isn't it beautiful!?!
 When I glanced at him, I thought he was licking the icing off the cookie above.  As it turns out, it was a cookie that had yet to be iced.  He then asked if he could eat it.  Yeah, I don't think anyone else was planning to eat it at that point!  As yet, the lovely design by Zach remains on the plate.  It will be interesting which brave soul tries to stomach that much icing.
 finished cookies
 There was enough dough left over after the first batch to make a large gingerbread man and woman.  This is my gingerbread man since Zach was too busy eating cookies to try his hand at another design.  
 Clara decorating her gingerbread woman...
 Now she is finished.  Notice that she is holding a rose in her left hand.  Again, I'm always impressed with Clara's creativity.
 Since Charlie is hard at work, we set aside a few for him.
 Clara, armed and ready to decorate some more!
While we were busy at work, Clara began telling Zach about how we used to do stuff like this ALL the time when she was little and how fun it was.  OUCH!  Clearly I dropped the ball and need to get back in the game.

Now feel free to enjoy Two Voices One Song...

0 comments: