About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lovely Weekend

 Our weekend began with the Christmas tree lighting outside the embassy by Ambassador Levine.  Christmas carols, hot drinks and treats were available along with light snowfall.



 Charlie got involved with a snowball war.  
 After that we went home for a little bit and then enjoyed a nice game night with several other families.  Charlie and I both represented during Taboo.  There was a humorous gift exchange and Christmas movie trivia too.

Saturday was nice too.  We had a big breakfast and started going through the house looking for items to donate to a women's shelter and orphanage.  Zach was super sweet as he found some toys he could give and said, "They will be so happy."

Several of us ladies got together for a make up workshop in the city early in the afternoon.  It was quite informative!  I am quite hopeless when it comes to applying make up, but I left with a starter kit for Bella Pierre mineral make up and the lady repeatedly offered additional assistance if we need to come back for extra help in application.  She applied make up to all of us and shared tips.  Clara wanted to go, but I promised her that when the time comes for her to wear make up we will do something similar at a make up counter and get our nails done too.  She was so sweet when I came home with her compliments.

After returning and making dinner, we watched Mickey's Magical Christmas which included Mickey's Christmas Carol.  I made s'mores, which is quite the treat here.  I was able to find marshmallows locally, but had to order graham crackers.  While you can get chocolate bars here, I opted to order Hershey bars for the occasion.  They loved them, and I dare say Charlie enjoyed his too.  Zach didn't eat all of his, and Clara had already managed to get me to agree to giving her half of another.  After Zach left the table, I watched her slink over to his plate and eat his leftovers.  Later she remarked that her stomach was hurting.  I asked if it could have anything to do with her eating Zach's s'more.  She sheepishly looked up and asked how I knew.  I had to take the opportunity to let her know I know a lot more than she thinks I do.


 Tomorrow we will have to go shopping for the toys to donate to the local orphanages.  I'm quite pleased that the kids will get the opportunity to go and see first hand what life is like in an orphanage.  The plan was to make a snowman today, but my little make up workshop took up more time than I originally planned.  We'll have to try again tomorrow and then perhaps have some cocoa and more s'mores!

All in all, this has been a very nice weekend for our family.  Charlie has been so busy lately and this was the first time in over a month that he didn't work the weekend.






0 comments: