About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Play Ball!

This picture is from last weekend. Clara Grace had a friend over and they were gearing up for some Barbie sing-a-long when her friend's time was up and had to go home. Gracie is not one to be defeated, so she continued on with the plan. Please excuse the jumble of cords in the background. She is such a hoot to watch though. And of course, those songs get in your head. I had a song from Barbie and the Musketeers rolling through my mind as I took my students to Spanish the other day. This is a picture from Saturday. My girl is serious on her bike! Sometimes snapping her picture is tough as she is always in motion.
The Zachster, out for a ride! He is finally coming around to the idea of having to wear the helmet. He actually tried to put it on himself this time. Whew! What a relief. At his parent/teacher conference a couple weeks ago they said he was right on with all his skills but pedaling is the next thing. How exciting! We'll see when he picks it up. He moved up to the two-year-old class this week and is loving it. He seems like such a big boy now.



I just cannot get over how big Zach looks sitting on Charlie's lap in this picture! It was right at bedtime. They were watching Allison Krauss on the computer and enjoying some bluegrass tunes. I'm pretty sure Gracie was using the toothbrush as a microphone by this point.

First off, we are super excited as it seems as though the weather is taking a turn and is seeming more like spring. I just placed several orders for the kids for spring/summer clothing and shoes. Saturday it hit the low 60s and we all sported shorts and capris! Very nice. Today (Sunday) was a bit cooler but still pretty.


Although my beloved Red Sox have lost their first two games, we are enjoying ball season and it looks like Zach is going to be a fan of the game, or at least a player. We went to the PX and bought the finest little glove they sold plus a little foam bat for him, then pulled out our own gear. Granted, he has a lot to learn, but he appears to have a little natural talent. We snapped a few shots of him practicing inside. Today we went outside and had a little fun. Gracie even wanted to play! Of course, she ventured to the playground equipment as soon as a little girl showed up. Charlie and I ended up throwing the ball with a second grade boy that lives nearby while Zach alternated with playing with us and Gracie.

I'm fairly excited as spring break is approaching. Gracie has no swim lessons this week so it should be much more relaxed. I have a lot of work to do but plan to enjoy my time off as well.
Charlie and I both had papers due so today while Zach napped, Clara Grace and I went grocery shopping followed by a stop by Baskin Robbins to share a sundae and then we took a bike ride. Poor Charlie was working on his paper. I was very proud of how well she did on the bike ride. I decided we would make it a productive ride so we rode to the video store to return a couple movies we had rented. She was a little nervous at times, but we walked our bikes across the main road of the base when we came to it.


All in all, it was a nice weekend. A lot was accomplished and we had some fun. I'm just astonished how quickly the kids are growing up though. Gracie is just amazing and it is so hard to believe that Zach is already two. Gracie wants to help out so much and is just a sweatheart. I'm really looking forward to spening some one-on-one time with her over spring break. I plan to take Zach in to daycare for lunch and napping a few times during spring break so she and I can do some stuff together.


0 comments: