About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break

This week is spring break for us. We toyed with the idea of going to China a couple months ago but decided it was a spur of the moment decision and we should wait. Maybe next spring break. Anyway, Charlie took a week of leave so he could do the bike rally and spend time with us. We have most kicked around here, but have really enjoyed our time together. The next few posts illustrate the highlights of the past few days. A few pictures from yesterday are in this post.

First, we took a day trip into Hiroshima yesterday to go to Alpark Mall. I've been meaning to take a picture of these traffic bunnies for some time. You see these, or equally cute guys anywhere there is road construction.
These next pictures are of the kids playing at the playground by the chapel, which is pretty close to our tower. We are fortunate to have quite a few playgrounds nearby.





I'll just have to tell you about Zach and his climbing. It is really getting out of hand. Yesterday I was folding laundry at the couch while Zach was riding his little battery-powered four-wheeler around the apartment. We keep the kitchen and utility blocked off with gates. I was facing the kitchen while folding the clothes. Charlie was sitting on the couch watching TV. He told me to look at something and I just turned my head to see what was on the TV. When I glanced back, Zach had ridden his "bike" up to the bar, stood on top of it to use as a stool and CLIMBED ONTO THE COUNTER. We are talking seconds here. He was sitting flat on his bottom, with a big grin, facing me. He was soooo proud of himself. He is super fast. You should have seen him on the playground in the pictures above.

Clara Grace has had a really good time during the break. She helped me make muffins this morning, or as she described it...I helped her make muffins. We had a family movie night and watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader last night. Tammy, if you read this, Eustace reminded us a lot of Michael. She was a bit put out with me as we picked out her Easter dress. She wanted the one that made her look "more like a princess" while I preferred the more practical one that she will continue to wear throughout the spring and summer. It is too bad the princess dress didn't fit quite right...

Also, she has a super loose tooth right now. As soon as it falls out she will be missing both of her top front teeth. There were several little tales I wanted to share about her that I just cannot recall right now. She is such a little hoot! There we go, I have a little hoot and a little brute! Just kidding, they are both sweethearts.

Anyway, Charlie goes back to work tomorrow and I have a 7:30 AM appointment for the final installment of my permanent replacement crown. And just a week after I finally feel normal after the last appointment. It will be nice to be done with it though. After that I will go in to work in my classroom for a bit and to get prepared for Monday. We are considering going to Miyajima Island on Saturday but we'll see. There are still a few things I wanted to do around the apartment and classroom I've not done yet.

0 comments: