About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

I'm such a dork!

I was able to order Clara's 4th grade books through Calvert.  Additionally, we purchased some supplies at the exchange in Naples.  When we got back, the Calvert materials were here!!!  Even though I have tons of laundry, etc to do, I couldn't help but break everything out and set it up in the school room.

 I really like Calvert Math.  We used the third grade book last year and it worked well for us.  I checked out Singapore Math over the summer but decided to stick with Calvert.  Hopefully that was a good choice.
 This year she will read novels for reading.
 I forgot the grammar and usage book, but she is definitely covered in all aspects of language arts.
 I'm very excited about doing world history this year.  She will not learn everything, but it will give her a great framework to begin creating a timeline of the world's history.  Of course, there is geography too.  Since we will be settling in Alabama, I also ordered a weekly magazine that addresses Alabama history as I believe it is typically covered in fourth grade.
 There is the grammar book!
 Science is going to be fun too!  Clara and Zach both enjoyed looking through the science kit.  I think I'll be including him in on the fun stuff.
Zach is going to have a more structured experience this year.  I'll continue doing Funnix reading and math with him but also ordered his level of the social studies and also the science weekly magazine from the same company that makes the one for Clara's Alabama history.  It should be fun!

0 comments: