About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Another Score for Tallinn

Before we ever left Japan, I was scoping out places to visit here in Estonia.  One place I found that looked like fun was a children's museum called Miia-Milla-Manda near Kadriorg Park.  Kadriorg Park is beautiful and has been highly recommended by several people, but I really wanted to check out the museum too.  The other day I had Charlie swing into the Kadriorg part of town to get an idea of where everything was.  We saw an awesome playground and what I thought was the children's museum.  Once we saw the playground I promised the kids I would take them soon.

Today, the forecast looked good so I asked the kids if they would like to give it a try.  They were in favor.  We hopped on the bus and strolled through the beautiful Kadriorg Park.  As we approached, I was not very sure of how to proceed but found our way into the museum and paid 5.20 Euros for the family rate.  That is when I found out the playground does not belong to the museum but is a public park...which is free!  Sporting our stickers allowing us to go back and forth all day, we went back out to the large playground.

This playground was awesome.  There were several play structures, but the rest of the fun was in the sand.  There was a fenced in area just for younger tots, and then a larger area with monkey bars, merry go rounds, etc and swings too.  There was a water fountain that Zach had a blast in as well.

The museum is a treasure.  I cannot wait to share the pictures (waiting on the cable in our household goods).  The kids had a blast.  One room was like a giant playroom with a little puppet theater, doll house, kitchen and more and then there was another area set up to be various historical offices (post office, grocer, photo studio, etc) where the kids could play with the items or even dress up.  We took a break and visited the small cafe with quite reasonable prices.  I had a cinnamon roll, Clara had a big cookie, Zach a smiley face cookie and we split a bottle of water, all for less than 3 Euros.  After we finished with the museum we went back out to the playground.

When the household goods shipment arrives I can definitely see biking with the kids in the trailer to this area and packing a picnic lunch to enjoy while looking at the lovely park.  I was very pleased with this find and know we will be back many times.

0 comments: